Saturday 22 February 2014

ALCOVE PROJECT # 4: DOORS & GETTING A HANDLE ON IT!


The custom made doors for the alcove cabinets & the bookcase in my bedroom have arrived and are in the process of being painted up.  They are beautiful and much better than anticipated with a lovely deep sculptural finish.   Each unit has 4 doors so I have a dozen doors to paint over the next few weekends.  

http://www.doors2size.co.uk/

Style: Manor


















I always enjoy shopping for hardware as it's the chance to seek out something special.  I love these black & white bone handles which were my choice for my bedroom bookshelf cabinet.

Bone inlay checkered knob


















Anthropologie at 158 Regents Street, London has a great selection of quirky and colourful cabinet knobs.

http://www.anthropologie.eu/anthro/index.jsp

















Cabinet candy


















For the Living Room cabinets, these beautiful cut glass cubes were ordered from India via Ebay.

Like ice


















 And as I prepare for a day of painting, my companion kitty, Pepper positions herself nearby for a spot of sun bathing!





















No comments:

Post a Comment