Friday 6 December 2013

BEDROOM ONE: BOOKCASE

A part of the Alcove project was getting the MDF cut at the same time to build a bookcase in my bedroom. I knew I wanted something floor to ceiling but ended up following the same design as the alcove units - but with a slight difference on the shelving supports, which in the final version below, I reversed the design.

   




















There's not much depth to this unit around 10 inches.  It's enough space for a layer of books with about 2 inches in front for a picture frame or slim ornament.  I find a lot of the shop bought bookcases the depth is often too deep and there is a lot of wasted space.  

I wanted to get a picture before I started filling it with books, although a mini hifi unit has already been cabled in.  Above the unit was enough space to install a pair of IKEA bookcase lamps.  Since the mirrored wardrobe doors are at a right angle to the bookcase the lights will also be useful for dressing.






















LIVING ROOM
Still in progression but a little more work has been done:  The Venetian blind has been hung and the chandelier installed. 
















All that's left now to complete the alcove units is to order the custom made doors.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment