Sunday 19 June 2011

THE EXTRA BITS: BATH ACCESSORIES

Inspired by the progress of the bathroom, I excitedly headed off to TK Maxx this weekend in search of bathroom accessories. TK Maxx has some wonderfully cut-price designer bargains - mainly discontinued lines and previous collections. 

Bathrooms often end up as cluttered places, with an assortment bottles of all shapes and sizes littering up the place and I'd like to avoid that.  That's one of the reasons that I wanted an abnormally large bathroom cabinet that would make a hypochondraic proud.  Secondly, if I'm going to need things dotted around, I want things to be co-ordinated instead of a mish mash of different styles.  To avoid this, I felt it best to find a range that I liked and buy it all in one go.  It's also worth considering the practical aspects when doing so:-

I have a tiled bathroom floor and am a bit of a klutz in the mornings, so I decided to avoid going for glass or ceramic ranges.

Bedmister Scroll, too girly swirly?























Palazzo, too decaying aristocrat?























Vegas, too addictive?























Parisian, too chez de ma grandmere?























Moderno, too surgical & clinical?





























I love chrome and stainless steel, but there's probably already enough chrome bling (towel radiator, bathroom cabinet, shower screen, etc) to keep a pimp happy, so I decided to forsake it this time.

In the end, simplicity won over style and with visions of myself relaxing in a Spa style bathroom, I opted for Bali which is crafted out of 100% natural bamboo.  It's in keeping with the 'square' theme of the bathroom and I think wood adds an interesting contrast to the chrome and should soften the 'bling'.  To simplify matters further, I ended up buying 3 lotion dispensers for; shower gel, shampoo, and body lotion, - as well as a soap dish, toothbrush holder, and a canister for cotton earbuds.  

Bali by Kassatex

   



  

















Chrome & Bamboo - an interesting combination




















The beautiful above accessories ranges are all by Kassatex http://www.kassatex.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment