Tuesday 8 March 2011

SPRING CLEANING

After a visit from an electrician this morning to quote about moving the main supply, I was left with enough time to work in the garden.  I had spent Sunday digging out the remains of the grass roots in the new flower beds, so I wasn't in the mood for more digging.  Instead I cleaned out part of the back area where the previous owner had a serviceable cold-frame that was filled with discarded plant pots and broken seed trays.  Once that had been sorted and several bin bags filled with rubbish,  I took the opportunity to build a fire and burn a lot of the old timber.  It's amazing once you have a good fire going, how it can consume so much!  I ended up with 3/4 of the incinerator bin full of wood ash, which is full of potassium and calcium, so it can be recycled back into the soil... and best of all, I ended up with a tidier garden.

This is how it looked back in September.

Since then...

Trellis painted - Check

Apple Tree pruned - Check

Area cleaned up - Check






Still left to do is to is to start transferring plants from pots into the beds.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment