Monday 7 March 2011

HONEYWORT (CERINTHE MAJOR 'PURPURASCENS')

My sister, with her passion for gardens, is kindly giving me her back issues of Gardener's World and has succeeded in getting me hooked.  There is something hugely addictive about gardening: Getting out into the fresh air and the possibilities of what can be made of rise from the soil, may have something to do with it.  There are also so many plants to choose from!  

Here is another unusual looking plant that caught my eye and looks like it could belong perfectly in the Garden of Anxiety.  It has a nostalgic, half faded and evocative look that I feel is interesting.  What is it about blue flowers that are so compelling?

Honeywort (Cerinthe Major 'Purpurascens')
12 seeds for £1.99 available from:-



No comments:

Post a Comment