Sunday 7 September 2014

LIVING ROOM: THE ALCOVE PROJECT COMPLETED


It was completed some time ago but I've been very bad at keeping the blog updated. 

Below is the room as it was photographed by the estate agents, and as it is now.  It is quite a transformation and hopefully you'll agree for the better!  


















In addition to the alcove units at either side, another six door cabinet was built below the TV to house my hundreds of DVDs and 360 of them are now hidden away.





























There is still some finishing that needs to be done as the skirting boards still need to be attached around the room.  I'm just so happy that I now have a library for all my books.



 


















I wanted a coffee table that could be easily moved around and the Boksel coffee table from IKEA was a perfect find.  A glass top table that is easily wipeable, with plenty of storage compartments, including a drawer to keep all those remote controls from getting lost.

















Bookshelf speakers with the HiFi concealed in one of the alcove cabinets.


































A couple more jobs to do in there as I would like a gallery picture ledge on the wall opposite the TV, and at the end of September a large mirror arrives to be hung above the three seater sofa, but more on that later...




1 comment:

  1. I was scared while deciding the closet for my room until I reached out to this blog. There are hundreds of design options plus a brief on the creativities that one can install in the closet too. Well, now I am satisfied with the finalized design and will suggest you all to give it a try. Here you will surely get many ideas.


    Fitted Wardrobes In London | | Walk In Wardrobes London | Bespoke Fitted Wardrobes London | Fitted Wardrobes North London | Fitted Wardrobes Bespoke | Bespoke Fitted Wardrobes | Bespoke Fitted Furniture London | Custom Wardrobes London

    ReplyDelete