Saturday 23 March 2013

LIVING ROOM: ALCOVE INSPIRATION & WINDOW SILLS


















I came across this inspirational photograph, which is featured on many sites, and loved how they had painted the backs of the bookshelves with a accent colour.  It's a great way for creating the illusion of depth and adding interest to a room.  I may have to try this myself!

WINDOW SILLS
I'm already thinking of the next job needing to be done after the alcove project is finished.  The interior window sills need attention as they are scratched and gouged, in some places quite badly.  The easiest and quickest option is going to be to adhere a 3mm thick ply wood veneer and then paint white which will result in a good finish.  Decorative wood moulding can applied to the front edge to hide the seam.  The other option would be to fill with wood filler and sand or plane the wood down, which I feel is going to be more laborious and messy.   I think wherever possible sanding indoors should be avoided because of all dust that is created.

















Here's the Pepper Kitty modelling the window sill in the Living Room.  It may be snowing outside, but when she's stretched out and hogging the heat from the radiators, she may as well be in the Bahamas!  I'm not sure if that look means 'rub my belly' or 'bring me a Pina Colada, please'.

No comments:

Post a Comment