Wednesday 17 October 2012

LIVING ROOM: LIGHTING THE WAY

One of the useful functions of this blog is to act as a scrap book for design ideas.  Products that I like are collected and posted here and it's funny how visual trends start to emerge.   I've been looking at table lamps to flank either side of the Living Room sofa.  I kind of know what I'd like, but don't know if I can find it out there - which is the common dilemma.  Ideally, I'm looking for that 'I must have that' sensation which should accompany every purchase, but within keeping with the design guidelines: contemporary, clean, modern, stylish, etc.  In addition to this, it has to be cat proof - so delicate, glass lamp bases that can easily be knocked over and smashed are out.   
 
I think one of the obvious rules when furnishing any room is to try to stay within the design style so that the pieces don't appear incongruous: French Provincial rarely works next to Bauhaus unless you are going for that house clearance storeroom look - which I'm sure will one day be a look.  It is always useful to look at photographs of interior designs that attract you and study them to see how they've worked it out.  Most of all, I am a believer that you should surround yourself with objects that you love or that mean something to you. 
 
For our line-up of table lamp contenders so far, here are the beauties:-  










































































































Evidently I have a thing about square shades...

No comments:

Post a Comment