Monday 4 July 2011

WALKING ON AIR... OR BAMBOO







































Nobody loves a bargain as much as I do; so I was overjoyed when the builders merchant called today to confirm that they were discontinuing their current solid bamboo flooring line and could let me have the remainder of their stock at a 50% discount.  Luckily they had enough in stock for me to floor the entire apartment.  I already knew that whatever flooring I put down, I wanted it to be consistent, in order to create the sensation of flow throughout the space. 

I love bamboo:  It is uniquely attractive as well as being strong and resilient. Furthermore it is more moisture resistant than most woods making it less liable to curl and warp. As a renewable source, it is environmentally friendly.

While I'm nowhere near the flooring stage of this refurbishment, it's impossible to resist a saving - so in the meanwhile it will have to be stored in the attic.

No comments:

Post a Comment