Monday 14 February 2011

LA VIE EN ROSE















There are Gardens of Solitude, and Gardens of Tranquility, but being a novice gardener I have dubbed mine 'The Garden of Anxiety' because there is so much to do and so little time to do it.

Taking a break from my bathroom  obsession, I did manage to find the time to move the last of the rose bushes in front of the new rose trellis.  The middle trellis panel has yet to be fitted to complete the triptych.

In addition to the existing roses and unable to resist a bargain I picked up these climbing roses (side pictures) from Poundland.  The first 4 which were planted at the end of January seem to be thriving and have thrown out shoots and little leaves.  I'm intrigued as to how the deep purple ones will actually look in bloom and whether they'll look as good and as abundant as their portrait on the packaging. 3 additional climbers (purple, white and rose) were purchased last week and  have gone into the ground against the fences.  The idea is to trail them along the tops to deter the kitties that like to use the garden as an enormous litter tray.  According to my gardening books, if roses could choose where to grow they would probably opt for clay soil - which is fundamentally what I have.  Just as in interior design you work with the given space, I do believe that this is also a good philosophy to adopt in the garden - in this case,  indulging in clay loving plants.

Recession priced Roses available from:-
http://www.poundland.co.uk/product-range/a-z/climbing-rose---purple/

No comments:

Post a Comment